Moving away to your new home can be really stressful. You want to avoid unnecessary problems as much as possible. Your valuables are really important for you, and you want to move them to your new home without any lost items, or damaged ones. Especially when it comes to packing fine china for a move. When moving from Philadelphia to New York you can either choose to pack things on your own, or either you can have the moving company you hired to do the job for you. If you choose to do it by yourself, you should be prepared to pack fine china for a NY move with caution and patience. It is not something impossible, but you need to be careful a lot.
Should you buy new fine china dishes instead?
For sure it always nice and interesting going in colorful stores and buying new products with fine china. And not only that. This way you will know for sure that none of the things won’t break and be damaged. They will arrive in your new home safely and you don’t have to worry about packing fine china for your NY move. But, you probably forgot one main thing. The whole moving away, moving company, new home, and things will cost you a lot. You have money stored for the main things. Why should you waste your money on avoidable situations? When you decide to pack fine china for a NY relocation, you will have a piece of your old life and home with you. It will make your new home more comfortable and cozy. Something familiar in a new environment.
Preparation to pack fine china for a NY move
Before you even start, you should know that there are many moving companies Maryland that can help you to pack fine china for a NY move. There are also a few things that you will need:
- Cardboard boxes (amount of them depends on how many things you have to pack)
- A lot of newspaper
- Bubble wrap
- Tissue paper
- Mini styrofoam balls
- Duck tape
Once you have all of the needed things, you can start packing your fine china dishes for moving.
Now that you have all the needed supplies in front of you, you are ready. Just try to be careful as possible. Try to do this when you are not in a hurry, and when you are in peace. If you have other obligations to run to, or if you are nervous and stressed, you might regret it. Packing fine china requires attention since once you damage it, you cannot fix it.
- Firstly, what you want to do is separate each dish. One by one, start wrapping them in the paper.
- Now that you wrapped them once, repeat this step. Try to tighten the paper around it just enough so it doesn’t tear apart.
- The second step for you is to wrap each dish in bubble wrap so it is even more protected.
- Once you finish your wrapping, separate your dishes into groups. Plates on one side, cups, and mugs on the other, and so on.
- In each box try to pack a different group of your fine china things.
- Take one box and start storing, for example, plates inside.
- Keep in mind that plates for one box need to be the same size.
- You want to store them on top of each other.
- The empty space in the box you can fill in with tissue paper and mini styrofoam balls. Again, for better protection.
- Now, you can close your box and duck tape it from every side.
- To be even more sure things inside won’t break, you can wrap the whole box around with bubble wrap and tape it well.
- Repeat this process with every box and you are ready to move to NY with your fine china packed!
If you need to store your boxes that are ready for your NY move, you can always contact storage units Philadelphia and see if they have available spots for you. This way you can get all the stuff from your old home away and it will be easier to do the final cleaning and furniture arranging. Also, the moving company that you hired for your move should help you with this situation.
If you are still not sure, if you should pack fine china for a NY relocation on your own, there is one more solution for you. Packing services Philadelphia might offer to help you, and take care of the packaging procedure. But, keep in mind that this kind of offer will for sure cost more. If you are insecure with yourself and your packing skills, be sure you will not regret paying some extra money for your valuables. This way, you can relax in total, and be sure that everything will be safe in your new home, waiting for you to decorate it.
The choice is up to you only. What is more important to you? Giving extra money and being sure nothing will be damaged, or saving money and risking your valuables? Decide carefully!
Expand your fine china collection after your move
Maybe for you, it was a challenge to pack fine china for a NY move, but in the end, it was worth it. You did not only keep safe your dishes, but you also learned a new and important skill. Now you know that anytime you wish to go somewhere and bring fragile things, you will know how to pack them successfully. It doesn’t have to be only for moving away. Besides that, since you are a collector of fine china dishes, why not be creative? You can learn how to make your very own fine china dish. There are many options online if you prefer it that way. If not, in New York you can find many courses with special equipment and professionals tutors. Either way, you can expand your collection of fine china with original dishes!
How It Works
Give us a call or fill out a non-obligatory free moving estimate on our website.
Express your requirements
Tell us about the scope, distance, and type of your moving process.
Let us simplify your move
We’ll provide the most suitable, convenient, and efficient solution for your relocation.