Everyone wants their relocation to go perfectly fine. With the right help and good organization, anything is possible. That’s why the first step to a stress-free move is getting in touch with Superior Moving & Storage to help you get from point A to point B in no time. On the other hand, you should really pay attention to the packing process itself. It is one of the most important parts of relocation. Hence, if you want to learn in which order should you pack your home, be sure to stay right here.
Packing like a pro
First of all, packing is one of the fundamental parts of the moving process. You should do your best to prepare on time. It’s said that it’s never too early to start packing. Therefore, you should consider taking that step almost the moment you know you’ll move. But, you should know that moving companies Maryland can help you with any part of your relocation process should you need assistance. It is a great way to relieve any relocation pressure.
There are some basic steps to take when packing your home. They don’t bound you to take them just as they stand. But, it’s good to have some sort of guidelines to help you stay on track. This is approximately what you should do when packing:
- Declutter first – One of the first steps to take when you start packing is decluttering. This will help you figure out the number of things you own and later on pack the essentials.
- Donate unwanted stuff – After you thoroughly go through all your things, consider donating what you don’t need. It will be a win-win situation both for you and those in need.
- Organize a garage sale – You could organize a garage sale if you feel like you want to earn some money you could use for relocation. Every penny matters.
- Get the right moving supplies – Cardboard boxes and bubble wrap go without saying. But, consider browsing online for some free packing materials to save some money and be eco-friendly.
- Set a timer when packing – This is pretty useful. Pack each day a little at a time. For instance, pack for one hour a day.
- Label everything – The best way to stay efficient is to label your boxes with different colors. It will also help you once you start unpacking in your new home.
In which order should you pack your home?
To begin with, not a single relocation can go smoothly without a moving checklist and professional help. Movers Elkton MD are experts when it comes to having stress-free relocation. Now you’re left with making a good checklist and sticking to it. Afterward, you should make an inventory of everything you own. Decluttering you did previously should help you keep track. Once you took care of this part of the work, it’s time to move on to the next.
So, if you wonder if there’s an order in which you should pack your home, there is. Here’s how you should pack your house for the move:
- Storage items go first. These should go first because they are most likely already packed up in the boxes. Your job is to check if everything’s in there and move on to the next step.
- All fragile items you rarely use. China and dishes are one of these. All your wedding presents including fragile glasses go right inside the boxes.
- Seasonal clothes. Pack all your off-season clothes right after porcelain. It is not as heavy but you should pack it first.
- Miscellaneous things. These are all kinds of knick-knacks you own. All your small figurines, jewelry, and other small items have to go soon. If you procrastinate, you will never get it done.
- Artwork, frames, and similar items. Be careful when packing these, especially if the frame is glass.
- Books. If you’re a bookworm, then you will have your hands full. Make sure you pack your books in boxes that are endurable because you don’t want everything to fall apart in the middle of the road.
- Linens come in last. The best usually comes last. Linens are good if you want to use them as protective materials, especially for fragile items. That’s also the reason why you should pack them among the last things.
Does it matter in which order you pack your home?
The question basically answers itself. Based on what you just read, it matters in which order you should pack your place. However, if you don’t want to take care of that tedious process on your own, movers North East MD will gladly help you. You shouldn’t hesitate when it comes to packing. It is one of the most tiresome parts of relocation.
On the other hand, when it comes to moving your bulky items, remember to disassemble them before you take them out. Moreover, if you can’t manage to do it on your own, contact us, and our apartment movers NJ will give you a hand. These things can every tricky. That’s why you shouldn’t leave it to the case.
Avoid packing mistakes
There are plenty of things to consider if you want to avoid packing mistakes. They are not hard to remember but people get carried away often. For instance, you shouldn’t:
- Pack without a plan
- Get your fragile items packed without protection
- Overfill your moving boxes
- Leaving space inside the boxes
- Rely on memory instead of labeling
After you packed and moved to your new house, you might consider something after unpacking. For example, it would be nice to live a more minimalistic lifestyle right? That might have gone through your mind while packing all those boxes. That is a great way to downsize and reduce stress in case you relocate again in the future. All in all, you learned in which order should you pack your home. Now it’s time to relax and enjoy your new life in your new home.
How It Works
Give us a call or fill out a non-obligatory free moving estimate on our website.
Express your requirements
Tell us about the scope, distance, and type of your moving process.
Let us simplify your move
We’ll provide the most suitable, convenient, and efficient solution for your relocation.