Planning a move, whether it is your home, your office, or just some particular objects, is rarely an easy task, no matter how experienced you are. You have to choose and hire one of the reliable moving companies NJ offers. You need to choose the perfect moving date and then organize the packing schedule, etc. There are so many things that you need to do, that it may sometimes feel really overwhelming. And that is okay. The solution for all of these is careful planning. Whether you are moving your entire home or you are just moving your pool table to MD, there are a few things that, if you do them, the whole process will go as smoothly as possible.
Disassembling it will make things a lot easier
The obvious worst thing about moving a pool table is that it is so bulky and heavy that it feels almost impossible to actually do it. So, the first step you should take is to make it as easy as possible, so that you or movers North East MD can move it as effectively as possible. The way to do this is to disassemble the table and here is how.
- Unscrew the pockets from underneath and then remove them.
- Then remove the bumpers and the corners. You will be able to do that once you have removed the pockets.
- Removing the felt is the third step. It is tricky because sometimes it is glued down. You need to be really gentle, but be ready for having to replace it anyway, because sometimes it is just impossible to remove it without damaging it.
- You will remove the slates next. There are usually 2, sometimes 3, and they can be quite heavy. Again, you will have to balance the strength and being gentle.
- After you have removed the slates, unscrew the legs.
- Pack each of the parts carefully, with a lot of extra padding. Smaller parts, such as screws, you need to pack in such a way that there is no risk of them getting lost. So, consider putting them in a smaller container and then putting it in a bag, or something to that effect. Or simply hire packing services NJ to help you pack.
Once you have packed all the parts safely, it is time to decide who will do the moving.
Moving your pool table to MD – Will you do it or will you hire the movers?
The choice is simple. If you do it yourself, you will need the help of your friends, family members or neighbors. Moving your pool table to MD is not going to be simple. Pool tables, even when disassembled, are heavy and bulky. Moving them across the street is challenging enough. Moving them to Maryland is much harder. With proper organization, it can be done, but it is for the best to hire one of the moving companies Maryland has to offer. Let the moving professionals handle this. That is why they are there. If you let them do the heavy lifting, well, you won’t have to, plus they will do it in the safest possible way for everybody and everything involved.
How It Works
Give us a call or fill out a non-obligatory free moving estimate on our website.
Express your requirements
Tell us about the scope, distance, and type of your moving process.
Let us simplify your move
We’ll provide the most suitable, convenient, and efficient solution for your relocation.